Imagine my surprise when Ashley at the Wandering Weekenders nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World blog award. It appears that the award is directed towards people who have a passion for travel and being a citizen of the world. I figured this would be a good opportunity to reflect on my travels since I started my blog ~a year ago. Thanks for the nom, Ashley!
Here are my answers to her questions:
1. Why did you decide to start a blog?
I wanted to document and share photographs of all my exciting adventures while living in NYC the summer of 2014. Since then, it has evolved to become a personal blog where I share points of interest in my current city and occasional travels. I love discovering new gems by being a tourist in my own city!
2. If you could live in one city, what would it be?
3. What is the best piece of travel advice you’ve received?
Uh…I don’t receive a ton of travel advice. Probably roll my clothes while packing? (It actually works!)
4. Is there one place that you have no desire to visit?
War-torn countries. Countries where women have little to no freedom or rights. So, Afghanistan, North Korea. It’s not that I don’t want to see the beauty of the land or experience the culture of the country, but I’m going to put my safety above all else.
5. What is the one thing you can’t live without when you travel?
A map!!! Even better if it’s on my phone. I used the City Maps 2 Go app while in Europe and it was a life saver.
6. Is there one souvenir that you always get from your travels?
Pictures. Tons and tons of pictures. I’m trying to prioritize experiences over things.
7. Are you a spontaneous traveler, or do you have everything planned out for your trips?
Always planned out. I’m the one making the itinerary and sharing the Google spreadsheet with my travel companions!
8. Do you ever get homesick when you travel?
Hell no. Life’s too short to miss things that aren’t there; gotta live it up while I can!
9. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
This varies from day-to-day, but right now I’m craving Chick-fil-a. Those nuggets are the bomb, y’all.
10. Where are you traveling to next?
I have no immediate plans. So for the moment, I’m playing tourist in my own hometown, Dallas.
I hope the people who I nominate will have just as much fun responding to my questions:
- What is the story behind your blog?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What is the best piece of travel advice you’ve received?
- Where was the best meal you ever had?
- What is your most memorable vacation/trip?
- What is the one thing you can’t live without when you travel?
- Is there one souvenir that you always get from your travels?
- Who’s your go-to travel buddy, or do you prefer solo travel?
- Are you a spontaneous traveler, or do you have everything planned out for your trips?
- Where are you traveling to next?
I recently began reading the following blogs. They are people who I admire for their inspirational travel stories, pictures, and tips. These bloggers have some quality stuff; go check ’em out!
Kim @ Silently Free
Deepti @ Endless Postcards
Arni @ Travel Gourmande
Anna @ Aspects of Style
…and anybody else who wants to answer!
Hope y’all have fun 😀 I look forward to reading your responses. Thanks for reading!
P.S. Another questionnaire that I did for the Liebster Blog Award